As an Analytics Consultant you will be part of our Data & Analytics service line. Our team aims to support clients in their end-to-end Data & Analytics needs, ranging from data strategy and data management to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
A starting Analytics Consultant at BearingPoint can specialize in 3 different roles: data engineer, data analyst and data scientist or grow further in analytics advisory. What all these roles have in common is that they aim to provide our clients with support and guidance to apply analytics to their business challenges.
As a Consultant Advanced Analytics at BearingPoint, you are responsible for delivering analytics projects and developing the best possible approach to solve the customers’ business challenges and supporting the customer in implementing the outcomes of the analysis. During a project, you will make smart use of the available data from the customer and if of value, augment that with additional data, for example from open data sources. This way, you provide our clients with relevant insights, based on which important management decisions can be made.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Delivering analytics projects in the entire analytics space from descriptive to prescriptive
- Designing and developing analytics approaches to solve the customers’ business challenge
- Providing guidance and support to the customer in implementing the outcomes of an analysis.
- Signaling the needs of the clients and implementing these within the project scope
- Actively keeping yourself updated about new developments in the field and commit to developing activities for our growing practice within the European BearingPoint network
Your qualifications & competencies
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Mathematics, Physics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing or similar studies)
- 2-5 years of experience in data analytics or data engineering
- Knowledge of and practical experience with analytical techniques, ranging from descriptive to prescriptive analytics, this should include but not be limited to, data analysis, data mining, statistical learning and/or mathematical optimization
- Knowledge of and experience with Python or R.
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus
- A can-do and independent work-attitude
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (written and spoken)
What we offer
BearingPoint offers the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of talented professionals in The Netherlands, being part of our firm wide community. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is cooperative; the structure is flat, and the result is growth.
Working at BearingPoint means
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We have a substantial training program, both for people with limited experience as well as for more experienced hires.
- A steep learning curve with direct client contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business
- Being part of a relatively small (~70 people), but close, group of enthusiastic consultants
- A healthy work-life balance which includes parental leave days and flexible working hours
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, (electric) lease car, laptop, smartphone, a collective pension, and health scheme
As our clients put it “we like working with BearingPoint, because they truly help us grow and aim to make themselves superfluous”