Senior Data Analyst
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsData & Analytics
As a Data Analyst you will be part of our Data & Analytics service line. Our team aims to support clients in their end-to-end Data & Analytics needs, ranging from data strategy and data management to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
A Data Analyst at BearingPoint is a little different than at other companies. Of course, you will help our clients by analyzing data, visualizing it, and delivering the most useful insights to drive business decisions, but that is not all you do. You will also act in a consulting role, helping the client identify the best (analytics) option for their business challenge, advising them on which question to tackle first and sometimes even teaching client employees your skills.
As a Data Analyst you are responsible for delivering business analytics projects, both independently and as part of a team with change and process consultants. Depending on your experience level, you will be responsible for leading small teams of colleagues in delivery. During a project you will make smart use of the available data from the client and if of value, augment that with additional data.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Delivery of analytics projects in the descriptive and diagnostics analytics space
- Designing and developing analytics approaches to solve the client’s business challenge
- Providing guidance and support to the client or your BearingPoint colleagues in implementing the outcomes of an analysis
- Signaling the needs of the clients and implementing these within the project scope
- Help coach and develop junior colleagues in the D&A team, also outside of the context of a project
- Identifying gaps in the client’s data & analytics capabilities and proactively addressing those, potentially creating prerequisites for the original analytics projects to move forward.
Your qualifications & competencies
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree (Engineering and Policy Analysis, Industrial Engineering & Management, Science Business and Innovation, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing or similar studies)
- 3-7 years of experience in data analysis
- Knowledge of and practical experience with analytical techniques, this should include but not be limited to data analysis, data mining and data visualization
- Experience with dashboarding tools like PowerBi and Tableau
- (some) experience with SQL or the willingness to learn in the first months of employment
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus
- A can-do and independent work-attitude
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken)
Research shows that female candidates only apply when they meet 100% of the requirements and male candidates as early as 60%. So if you recognize yourself in the challenge and at least some of the requirements, don't hesitate. We look forward to receiving your application!
Why you will enjoy working at BearingPoint Netherlands:
We work in an open and collaborative way, where new ideas are always welcome. BearingPoint is an environment where potential and high performance is recognized and rewarded.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive salary where you are rewarded for both your individual performance and company performance. You will also receive a best-in-class benefits package including holidays, pension contributions, mobility, laptop and mobile phone, and much more. In addition, we offer:
Hybrid working – where each team has autonomy to determine their in-person and remote working schedule.
Continuous learning – we understand that it is imperative to invest in our people’s development and we provide external training at prestigious universities such as Oxford and Yale
Social events – our people perform best when they have a good work life balance, monthly events for all to attend.
Equal & inclusive culture – we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong and can thrive in a work environment with a strong sense of community.
Mentoring & coaching – every employee has a development manager to help them grow their career with feedback via continuous conversations.
Giving Back – you will have an opportunity to join our many giving back initiatives including our commitment to sustainability. Our Emissions Calculator gathers accurate emissions data and enables our clients to understand their footprint and track progress on emission reduction and pave the way for a better future.
Together, we are more than business.
To see more from our people with their experiences of BearingPoint please visit our careers website www.bearingpointcareers.nl