As a Data Engineer you will be part of our Data & Analytics service line. Our team aims to support clients in their end-to-end Data & Analytics needs, ranging from data strategy and data management to predictive and prescriptive analytics.
A Data Engineer at BearingPoint is a little different than at other companies. Of course, you will help our clients and data science colleagues by setting up databases and data lakes and creating data pipelines, but that is not all you do. You will also act in a consulting role, helping our clients navigate the complex world of making data work in production environments by advising them and sometimes even teaching them your skills.
As a Data Engineer you are responsible for delivering data engineering and enablement projects. You co-develop the best possible approach to solve the customers’ business challenges and support the customer and our analytics consultants in using the data for analysis and modelling. During a project, you will make use of the available infrastructure of the customer or set up our own best practice solutions.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Delivery of data engineering projects, aimed at translating insight needs into technical solutions and building those solutions in the client’s data landscape
- Co-designing and developing data infrastructures that enable solving the customers’ business challenges.
- Providing guidance and support to the customer in implementing data pipelines.
- Proactively supporting your advanced analytics colleagues in setting up a structured data foundation
- Actively keeping yourself updated about new developments in the field and commit to developing activities for our growing practice within the European BearingPoint network
- Help coach and develop junior colleagues in the D&A team, also outside of the context of a project.
Your qualifications & competencies
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree in IT or a quantitative science
- 2-5 years of experience in data analytics or data engineering
- Knowledge of and practical experience with data warehousing techniques, data lakes and cloud computing environments
- Knowledge of and experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and ETL tooling
- Experience with either MS Azure or AWS, preferably with both
- Experience in a consulting role is a plus
- A can-do and independent work-attitude
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (written and spoken)
What we offer
BearingPoint offers the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of talented professionals in The Netherlands, being part of our firm wide community. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is cooperative; the structure is flat, and the result is growth.
Working at BearingPoint means
- The opportunity to grow personally and professionally. We have a substantial training program, both for people with limited experience as well as for more experienced hires.
- A steep learning curve with direct customer contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business
- Being part of a relatively small (~70 people), but close, group of enthusiastic consultants
- A healthy work-life balance which includes parental leave days and flexible working hours
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, (electric) lease car, laptop, smartphone, a collective pension, and health scheme
As our clients put it “we like working with BearingPoint, because they truly help us grow and aim to make themselves superfluous”