International Tax Manager
BearingPoint is a globally independent management and technology consultancy firm operated and owned by its partners. Serving commercial-, financial- and public services clients, BearingPoint focuses on offering its clients the best possible value by leveraging business-, technology- and operational expertise to deliver tangible, measurable results. More than globally 5.000 passionate, experienced, and hands-on employees focus on their clients’ needs and success. Teamwork, entrepreneurship, and innovation are an integral element of BearingPoint's corporate culture and as such is embraced by all consultants within the Group.
About the position
Due to growth of its activities, BearingPoint is s looking for a passionate Tax Manager to strengthen the tax function. The Tax Manager reports to the firmwide Tax Director based in Amsterdam. The Tax Manager is principally responsible for supporting the Tax Director in developing and implementing global tax planning and risk mitigation strategies.
The role is involved in a variety of cross borders tax projects and transfer pricing. It requires close coordination with colleagues and external advisors in various jurisdictions for local country tax expertise as well as working with departments outside of the Tax function.
This role will involve tax compliance as well as tax research, analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills to solve problems relating to income and indirect tax planning, income and indirect tax compliance. You are a willing to learn and are hands one. You can translate your technical skills and understanding of the context around you into clear and pragmatic solutions for the organization.
- Provide practical and technical tax support to the global business
- Advise and support on international restructuring and planning and managing tax projects
- Support in M&A projects and post-merger integrations.
- Monitoring of tax legislative and regulatory developments and trends
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of international tax compliance, including research and documentation of tax nexus and permanent establishments
- Coordinate with advisors on the preparation of various income tax returns
- Assist in implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policies, including preparation of documentation.
- Support to Global mobility team on tax matters
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience, preferably Big 4 or in-house tax experience.
- Background in international CIT. International tax practice experience is essential.
- Master’s degree in Tax, International taxation or equivalent level of education.
- Excellent tax technical and analytical skills relative to European and OECD tax rules.
- Experience in Transfer pricing
- Experience with VAT and wage tax or willingness to learn
- Experience analyzing and interpreting legislative and regulatory changes to tax laws.
- Specific and extensive experience in dealing with European and international cross-border issues and various types of legal and business structures (partnerships, joint ventures, branches).
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and writing
- Strong project management skills:
- Ability to multi-task, ability to work in a fast past environment and able to adapt to changing priorities – get the job done mentality
- Good attention to detail, whilst seeing the bigger picture
- You perform well in an international work environment where autonomous working and taking initiative are highly valued.
- Assume ownership and accountability when completing various projects.
- A team-work oriented person with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sensitive to cultural differences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel as required
For the right candidate, we can offer:
- Responsible tasks with a high degree of freedom and a steep learning curve as well as a quick assumption of professional responsibility
- Highly competent and down to earth colleagues
- An informal and “easy to work with” culture
- An attractive remuneration package and secondary benefits
- Hybrid working in our Amsterdam office or at home
- A team-oriented corporate culture that includes diversity and appreciation, ecological responsibility and social commitment
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. We are a close-knit, entrepreneurial company who enjoy spending time together both in and out of the office.