Senior Strategy Consultant
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsCustomer & Growth / People & Strategy
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or non-commercial industries, experience real results when they work with us. We have a global advisory network of over 10,000 consultants and support our clients in over 75 countries. We are looking for enthusiastic new colleagues for our team in Amsterdam!
Do you have the ambition to deliver top-line business impact for our clients, by advising and guiding them on their (top-line) strategy, their strategy execution, and the potential transformation that is required to realize that strategy?
Do you like to work on projects where you, for example, design the future of mobility, develop a new sustainable business model, have an impact on ESG topics, or incorporate the latest trends in corporate strategy?
And do you like creating scenarios and impact analyses, calculating the potential value of e.g., AI improvements, quantifying the impact of e.g., last-mile delivery, or setting up a business/value case for an investment decision?
If you answered the above questions with yes, then you will be a great fit for this position!
For our Amsterdam office, we are looking for professionals with experience in (top-line) strategy, strategy execution, strategic transformations, and/or Innovation and Business Model Design. You have strong analytical skills, and you want to apply your quantitative experience at multiple clients in different sectors.
As a Senior Strategy Consultant at BearingPoint, you lead/are part of a multidisciplinary team on a challenging assignment within a wide range of clients in various industries like Consumer Goods & Retail, Automotive, Energy & Utilities, Banking & Capital Markets, Postal, Telecommunications, and Pharmaceutical. As a team, you deliver complex projects that transform the way business is done. We are looking for professionals with a strong analytical background and experience in one of the following roles: strategy consulting, corporate strategy, (investment) analyst, M&A role, or a similar industry role.
Your responsibilities include:
- (Co-)leading and building a team of experts around you.
- Delivery of projects for our clients, focusing on strategy. This includes conducting complex (quantitative) analysis, analyzing market sizes, creating business/value cases, scenario modelling and doing financial impact analysis. Furthermore, you will develop new (strategic) business models, design target operating models, turn analysis into insights, and give and prepare (senior) management presentations.
- Assist and/or lead workshops and execute strong project & stakeholder management.
- Working closely together with clients on their business strategies, development and integration of innovative concepts and technologies, and transformation plans.
- (Co-)Leading client engagements from high-level start to actual delivery and realization of predefined objectives, including guiding and coaching more junior colleagues.
- Managing relationships with senior client stakeholders.
- Signaling and acting upon the needs of the clients and translating these into new projects.
- Actively updating yourself with new developments and innovations in the industry.
- Contribute to developing activities for our growing practice within the European BearingPoint network.
- Preferably a (strategy) consulting background and/or similar role with strong analytical skills.
- 4+ years of work experience.
- A relevant master’s degree, preferably with an economics/business focus and/or technical focus.
- Experience with strategic and quantitative topics, like market sizing, business/value casing, scenario modelling, and financial impact analysis, business model innovation, and target operating model design.
- Strong business sense to translate strategic top-line direction into bottom-line changes.
- You like taking ownership of end-to-end project engagements.
- Proven project management skills.
- A representative appearance and proactive, independent attitude.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (written and spoken).
Research shows that female candidates only apply when they meet 100% of the requirements and male candidates as early as 60%. So if you recognize yourself in the challenge and at least some of the requirements, don't hesitate. We look forward to receiving your application!
Why you will enjoy working at BearingPoint Netherlands
We work in an open and collaborative way, where new ideas are always welcome. BearingPoint is an environment where potential and high performance is recognized and rewarded.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive salary where you are rewarded for both your individual performance and company performance. You will also receive a best-in-class benefits package including holidays, pension contributions, mobility, laptop and mobile phone, and much more. In addition, we offer:
Hybrid working – where each team has autonomy to determine their in-person and remote working schedule.
Continuous learning – we understand that it is imperative to invest in our people’s development and we provide external training at prestigious universities such as Oxford and Yale
Social events – our people perform best when they have a good work life balance, monthly events for all to attend.
Equal & inclusive culture – we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong and can thrive in a work environment with a strong sense of community.
Mentoring & coaching – every employee has a development manager to help them grow their career with feedback via continuous conversations.
Giving Back – you will have an opportunity to join our many giving back initiatives including our commitment to sustainability. Our Emissions Calculator gathers accurate emissions data and enables our clients to understand their footprint and track progress on emission reduction and pave the way for a better future.
Together, we are more than business.
To see more from our people with their experiences of BearingPoint please visit our careers website www.bearingpointcareers.nl