(Senior) Technology Strategy Consultant
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsTechnology
As a (Senior) Technology Strategy Consultant within the Technology practice, you are the trusted advisor for leading (international) organizations in guiding and translating their business strategy into a concrete Digital and Technology strategy.
You apply your knowledge and experience to shape the transformation of our clients towards a digital organization and understand their most important challenges. You advise clients to become successful in their transformation through thorough analysis. You work on a client’s strategic direction, reorganization, governance and optimization of their technology investments. You will translate this to digital blueprints and architecture with accompanying IT Masterplans.
In this you support (international) companies with advice within their most strategic technology projects and you also help to realize them.
A (Senior) Technology Strategy Consultant at BearingPoint you will support our clients and tech colleagues in designing the end state of the most innovative Technology strategies, where IT plays a key role in creating business value, but that is not all you do. You will also act in a consulting role, helping our clients navigate in a complex world and bridging the gap between business and technology by advising them and sometimes even teaching them your skills.
As a (Senior) Technology Strategy Consultant you are responsible for the analyses of strategic business objectives with a focus on Digital/Technology strategy and the derivation of concrete measures.
Your primary responsibilities are:
- Development of comprehensive digital and technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, channel strategy, sourcing strategy and derivation of concrete IT Masterplans that supports the business strategy.
- Definition of new business models, digital catalogs and assessment of IT capabilities and platforms
- Carrying out data-driven business cases and change the sourcing mix (incl Cloud) to improve service delivery, cost of service and/or operational agility
- Carrying out risk analysis and due diligence
- Designing and structuring IT (business) transformation programs and execution plan. Programs often introduce disruptive, new technologies and/or new ways of working (e.g. Cloud, Business Ecosystems, IoT, Agile and DevOps).
- Carrying out market soundings and benchmarking
- Guiding the Chief Information/Technology Officer, Chief Data Officer, Chief Digital Officer and the leadership team in redefining the IT Operating Model and defining (Agile) capabilities to fulfill the role of IT as a business partner
Your qualifications & competencies
- At least 5-10 years of relevant and demonstrable work experience in technology strategy, preferably within a (strategy) consulting firm or similar
- Relevant experience with large scale digital and/or technology transformations and a specific interest in Cloud, Digital/IT Transformation, Agility, Data & Analytics and/or Architecture
- Strong consulting skills, e.g. solid financial and business acumen, structured and holistic thinking, analytical and creative problem solving, project management, prioritizing, communication, and stakeholder management.
- Experience with one of more innovation methods, such as Human Centered Design, Design Thinking, Jobs to be Done, Process and Journey mapping, Service Blueprint, Business Model, Digital Platforms and Digital Products.
- A relevant and completed Master’s Degree with a strong affinity with IT & Business
- A solid network that you would like to further expand within BearingPoint
- Ambition with a commercial insight and entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership qualities, organizational talent and a strong feeling for and thorough experience with political-administrative relations;
- A can-do and independent work-attitude
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English (written and spoken)
- Publications on the matter are a plus
Research shows that female candidates only apply when they meet 100% of the requirements and male candidates as early as 60%. So if you recognize yourself in the challenge and at least some of the requirements, don't hesitate. We look forward to receiving your application!
Why you will enjoy working at BearingPoint Netherlands
We work in an open and collaborative way, where new ideas are always welcome. BearingPoint is an environment where potential and high performance is recognized and rewarded.
What we offer:
You will receive a competitive salary where you are rewarded for both your individual performance and company performance. You will also receive a best-in-class benefits package including holidays, pension contributions, mobility, laptop and mobile phone, and much more. In addition, we offer:
Hybrid working – where each team has autonomy to determine their in-person and remote working schedule.
Continuous learning – we understand that it is imperative to invest in our people’s development and we provide external training at prestigious universities such as Oxford and Yale
Social events – our people perform best when they have a good work life balance, monthly events for all to attend.
Equal & inclusive culture – we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong and can thrive in a work environment with a strong sense of community.
Mentoring & coaching – every employee has a development manager to help them grow their career with feedback via continuous conversations.
Giving Back – you will have an opportunity to join our many giving back initiatives including our commitment to sustainability. Our Emissions Calculator gathers accurate emissions data and enables our clients to understand their footprint and track progress on emission reduction and pave the way for a better future.
Together, we are more than business.
To see more from our people with their experiences of BearingPoint please visit our careers website www.bearingpointcareers.nl