Technical Architect Merger & Acquisition
BearingPoint Capital is hiring experienced and motivated technology architects for our global Tech M&A team in our Amsterdam office. We are looking for candidates from junior technology consultants to senior architects with a commercial mindset and experience in a variety of industries. This role will help you retain and apply your IT architecture skill set, while enhancing your commercial skills by providing exposure to a wide variety of industries. In this role, you will help support technology Due Diligence and M&A activity (sell / buy side, Advisory, Strategy – Tech).
- Support technology due diligence projects and IT assessments on a national, typically international level, by providing deep architectural knowledge
- Lead the tech architecture investigation in tech due diligence projects, to assess the current and “to-be” states of tech platforms
- Advise our clients from different segments (from top-tier VC- and PE-firms to start-ups and large corporations) on technology aspects in the context of M&A transactions, scanning current (and proposed) IT eco-system (architecture landscape, Tech stacks, Front-to-Back scans etc.), providing expert level commentary (high-level to in-depth, based on scope)
- Assume project management responsibility where required
- Assume leadership to drive continuous improvement of BearingPoint Capital’s knowledge base, from a tech DD perspective, with a specific view to enhancing offerings
- Be comfortable performing market, competitor and horizon scans across latest technology trends to support the clients and the wider Capital team
- Be comfortable undertaking cross-industry technology architecture reviews, given Capital’s wide client base
- Support the firm’s drive to help clients (internal and external) gain maximum advantage of market developments in the technology space, by partnering with colleagues to create points of view, white papers, case studies etc., with a commercial mindset.
- Degree (Masters desirable) in information technology, computer science, mathematics, engineering or a comparable field of study
- Proficient understanding of all areas from cloud native to legacy application development
- Commercial mindset to ensure translation of IT architectural frameworks, risks, mitigating actions etc., into business terms to support deal and transaction logic
- Experienced in handling tight deadlines (deal life-cycle oriented) to undertake and deliver fit-for-purpose IT architectural scans highlighting pain / failure points, mitigants etc.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following:
- Architecture (IT/Solution) and technology platform design (for multi-tenant, scalable SaaS application etc.)
- Developing modern mobile/web-based software applications following industry best practices to achieve evolvability (e.g., domain-driven-design, event-driven-architecture)
- Refactoring and modernization of legacy applications
- Information/Data Modelling, API integrations or data migrations
- IT/Digital Maturity Assessments
- Systems integrations, project management
- Open to new challenges and a diversified career in tech M&A
- Initial experience with IT strategy, IT assessments, IT mergers & acquisitions or IT due diligence is desirable but not mandatory
- Adopts a client-first approach, with demonstrated experience working in teams (cross-org, cross-functional, multi-cultural) a critical factor
- Ideally, relevant work experience or experience from internships in IT management, consulting, software delivery or similar experience of enterprise architecture is an additional plus
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Expert English language skills (additional European languages a plus)
- Demonstrable expertise in communication and presentation skills, given the need to face off to C-suite stakeholders
- Additional certifications (TOGAF, ISO 27k etc.) desirable, but not mandatory.
About BearingPoint Capital
BearingPoint Capital is an independent business unit part of the global management consultancy BearingPoint. Capital is a smaller, global team that delivers M&A advisory services on both the sell-side and buy-side in transactions. Our service offerings include M&A strategy consulting, commercial and technological due diligence. In addition to M&A advisory, Capital is responsible for managing BearingPoint's own corporate portfolio, as well as our investments in Ventures.
BearingPoint Capital draws on BearingPoint’s global consultancy network – with more than 4500 employees helping leading companies in more than 75 countries achieve measurable and lasting success.